-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Container Managed Transaction integration problem (oc4j)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:21 pm 

Hi all! I'm having trouble to integrate Hibernate with Oracle Application Server, Oc4j. I'm using Container-Managed transactions (attribute Required) and accesing Hibernate layer from EJBs.

The problem is the following: I configured hibernate to work with container transactions (JTATransactionFactory) but Hibernate seems not to be using the container opened transaction. After doing a session.save() the EJB does a context.setRollbackOnly() but the changes persist in the database anyway.

My configuration is:
Hibernate version: 2.1.4

hibernate.cfg
:
<hibernate-configuration>
<session-factory name="java:comp/env/hibernate/SessionFactory">
<property name="connection.datasource">jdbc/i9julioDS</property>
<property name="show_sql">true</property>
<property name="dialect">
net.sf.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</property>
<property name="hibernate.query.substitutions">1</property>
<property name="hibernate.max_fetch_depth">1</property>
<property name="hibernate.transaction.factory_class">
net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory</property>
property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class"> net.sf.hibernate.transaction.OrionTransactionManagerLookup</property>
<property name="jta.UserTransaction">
java:comp/UserTransaction</property>

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():

public void persist(Object entity){
SessionFactory sessionFactory=new Configuration().
configure().buildSessionFactory();

Session session = sessionFactory.openSession();
Long storedId = (Long)session.save(entity);

session.flush();
session.close();
}

Name and version of the database you are using: Mysql 4.1.1a-alpha-nt

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):

This is the generated sql when I save an entity and after the control returns to the EJB the method context.setRollbackOnly() is called:

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.id.IncrementGenerator - fetching initial value: select max(id) from seguridad_perfil

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.id.IncrementGenerator - first free id: 11

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - generated identifier: 11

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - saving [com.i9dejulio.seguridad.entities.Perfil#11]

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - flushing session

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - Flushing entities and processing referenced collections

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - Processing unreferenced collections

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - Scheduling collection removes/(re)creates/updates

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - Flushed: 1 insertions, 0 updates, 0 deletions to 1 objects

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - Flushed: 0 (re)creations, 0 updates, 0 removals to 0 collections

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.Printer - listing entities:

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.Printer - com.i9dejulio.seguridad.entities.Perfil{nombre=testPerfil, menues=null, id=11}

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - executing flush

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.persister.EntityPersister - Inserting entity: [com.i9dejulio.seguridad.entities.Perfil#11]

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl - about to open: 0 open PreparedStatements, 0 open ResultSets

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.SQL - insert into seguridad_perfil (nombre, id) values (?, ?)

04/09/15 15:16:17 Hibernate: insert into seguridad_perfil (nombre, id) values (?, ?)

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl - preparing statement

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.persister.EntityPersister - Dehydrating entity: [com.i9dejulio.seguridad.entities.Perfil#11]

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.type.StringType - binding 'testPerfil' to parameter: 1

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.type.LongType - binding '11' to parameter: 2

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl - Adding to batch

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl - Executing batch size: 1

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl - done closing: 0 open PreparedStatements, 0 open ResultSets

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl - closing statement

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - post flush

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - closing session

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - disconnecting session

HttpRequestHandler-107 net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - transaction completion

I'm not sure if my configuration is not correct, if this might be a bug or if hibernate has problems integrating with Oc4j.

I would appreciate any help given!

Best regards,
Franco

Post subject: Allready figured it out!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:09 am 

I found the solution, mysql tables must be of type=InnoDb in order to get transactions... my hibernate configuration was ok, I changed that and got transactions.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]