-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: DDL generation not using types registered in dialect
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:55 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I'm working on producing a dialect for the NCR Teradata DBMS. In the dialect I have registered Types.BOOLEAN as follows:

Code:
register(Types.BOOLEAN,"BYTEINT");

It is my understanding that when hibernate generates ddl it should use these registered types for the type definitions of the columns but....
it doesn't appear to be doing that. Instead it seems to always use "byte" for the data types of boolean fields.

I'm seeing this behavior when exporting the schema for the Foo class used in the junit tests.

Can anyone help me with this .... I'm currently unable to insert boolean's and Boolean's into the table.

Thanks,
marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:46 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
It is my understanding that when hibernate generates ddl it should use these registered types for the type definitions of the columns

correct.

Post subject: teradata booleans and smallint
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:04 pm 

I have written a teradata dialect, and I found the same problem where byteint was interpreted as boolean, which produced undesirable results.

In my dialect, I have registered byteint like this:
registerColumnType( Types.TINYINT, "BYTEINT");

John Pianezze

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]