-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: XML serialization and collections
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:58 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I'm working on an application accessible via both the web (Struts), and Soap (Axis). I'm using Castor to marshall/unmarshall my domain objects and I'm noticing that when I change an object and send it back to the server, when I call update(), Hibernate deletes and recreates my many-to-many relationships, even though I haven't changed the contents of the collection. When I inspect the object in my debugger after unmarshalling, everything looks normal. I don't know how Hibernate even knows the object has been sent over the wire. Hibernate only uses collection proxies for unitialized collections, right? Anyone had this problem? Any tips would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:07 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The collection wrapper contains a snapshot of the old collection state. This is a FAQ.

Post subject: re: XML serialization and collections
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:08 am 

I have been having issues with SOAP serialization, where in many-to-one relation of the child object back to the parent is causing infinite looping of the serialization. Can one of you explaing.. how this problem was solved when working with Axis?

-Bhaskar

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]