-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: OC4J and Hibernate experience?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:04 am 

I'm trying to find out if the Oracle OC4J and Hibernate work together. We want to use a session bean facade for our Java object model. The model should be persisted by Hibernate. The transactions should be handled by the application server.
Has somebody used such a setup?
What are your experience with other application servers and this setup?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:29 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I've never used OC4J but I don't think there will be any problem.
It is a fairly common architecture on hibernate projects.

You may have to write a net.sf.hibernate.transaction.TransactionManager for OC4J, but is is usually not a big deal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:58 am 

I'm having trouble getting Hibernate to work with the emulated datasource and connections provided by Oracle 9iAS v9.0.3. I've got a data-source.xml that contains this within the <data-sources> tag:

Code:
  <data-source
   name="SQLServerDB"
   class="com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource"
   location="jdbc/core/3PC-DS"
   xa-location="jdbc/xa/3PC-DS"
   ejb-location="jdbc/3PC-DS"
   connection-driver="com.inet.tds.TdsDriver"
   username="XXXXX"
   password="XXXXX"
   url="jdbc:inetdae7:3pc-db1?database=3pc"
  >
    <description>Datasource used by 3pc</description>
  </data-source>

Which works fine for querying the database. However, when I try to do something that does a 'save' of an object I always get an AbstractMethodError like so:

Code:
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.evermind.sql.OrionCMTConnection.prepareStatement(Ljava/lang/String;I)Ljava/sql/PreparedStatement;
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
        at net.sf.hibernate.util.GetGeneratedKeysHelper.prepareStatement(GetGeneratedKeysHelper.java:39)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl.getPreparedStatement(BatcherImpl.java:246)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl.prepareStatement(BatcherImpl.java:61)
        at net.sf.hibernate.persister.EntityPersister.insert(EntityPersister.java:525)
        at net.sf.hibernate.persister.EntityPersister.insert(EntityPersister.java:432)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.ScheduledIdentityInsertion.execute(ScheduledIdentityInsertion.java:29)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.doSave(SessionImpl.java:932)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.doSave(SessionImpl.java:857)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.saveWithGeneratedIdentifier(SessionImpl.java:775)

I'd really like to get Hibernate working with the Oracle 9iAS data sources so that we can ask our users to create just one virtual server datasource and all our EARs/WARs simply look that up rather than having to edit some file within the classpath to point it to the right DB.

Has anyone managed to get this configuration working?[/code]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]