-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Query on Composite Element, Return Type
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:10 am 

Hi,

I am quite new to Hibernate and am in need of assistance!

I am required to execute a Hibernate query on a Composite Element type (we'll call it C) contained in a Set under a standard Class mapping (we'll call it A). By reading the forums I discovered I can execute queries on composite elements using the 'join' HQL syntax. My query is shown below:

from A as <A shorthand> join A.C as <C shorthand> where <C shorthand>.parameter1 = :<test condition>

Although the above query executes correctly is always returns me an object of type A. This is not very helpful as getting an object of type A will only give me the entire set as stored in its Java object.

What I really need is the actual instance of object C where the query finds a match. Then if I have C.parameter2 I can read parameter2 where the query above matches C.parameter = :<test condition>.

Hope the above makes sense!

Cheers,

<Hibernate version 2.1.4>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:50 am 

After reading further into the forums it seems 'mread' had a similar problem of querying composite elements:
http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=924854&highlight=composite+element+query+type

And as a result of this forum post, the following feature request has been posted:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=HB-513

I receive the same error of 'net.sf.hibernate.QueryException: could not resolve property: id of:' when trying to execute the following query in a vain attempt to retrieve my desired type composite element type - C:

select <C shorthand> from A as <A shorthand> join A.C as <C shorthand> where <C shorthand>.parameter1 = :<test condition>

Now I really don't want to have to alter my project's code design to work around Hibernate limitations, so are there any workarounds...or maybe I'm missing the obvious solution? Could a session query work directly on the set of C?

Can anybody please help me?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]