-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: where do I put hibernate.properties?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:25 pm 

I get this error when I run which implies that my hibernate.properties has not been recognized...i.e. I put it in the wrong place.

net.sf.hibernate.connection.UserSuppliedConnectionProvider#configure No connection properties specified - the user must supply JDBC connections

I'm running hibernate2.1 and jboss.3.2.3. and here is my hibernate.properties:

hibernate.dialect net.sf.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect
hibernate.connection.driver_class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
hibernate.connection.url jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:bmcs
hibernate.connection.username foo
hibernate.connection.password bar
hibernate.show_sql true

I've put copies of this file at the top level of my hibernateStartup.sar and at the top level of the jar for my session bean.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Brian

Post subject: When do you put the hibernate.properties files
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:20 pm 

hibernate.properties file should be placed in your context classpath, which is WEB-INF/classes folder, and then either re-load the context if you are using Tomcat from within eclipse or restart your app server to re-load this properties file.
<p>enjoy ...</p>

Post subject: Re: When do you put the hibernate.properties files
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:20 pm 

[quote="mosleh@yahoo.com"][color=darkblue][b]hibernate.properties file should be placed in your context classpath, which is WEB-INF/classes folder, and then either re-load the context if you are using Tomcat from within eclipse or restart your app server to re-load this properties file.
<p>enjoy ...</p>[/b][/color][/quote]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]