-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: JVM crash when using CGLIB
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:52 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi-
I'm using Hibernate 2.1.2 with CGLIB 2. As soon as I add a lazy="true" in one of my class definition (even if it is not used by another class), the JVM crashes. My environment is Tomcat 5.0.18 on Solaris Sparc 8. I have tried with 1.4.2_02 and 1.4.2_04 with the same result. I could get more details with 1.5.0 beta (but it still crashes):

Code:
Stack: [0xffffffff0d302000,0xffffffff0d401c50),  sp=0xffffffff0d3f9190,  free space=988k                                                                       
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
j  net.sf.hibernate.proxy.HibernateProxy$$FastClassByCGLIB$$d0b243e2.getIndex(Lnet/sf/cglib/core/Signature;)I+8                                                 
j  net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.create(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;Ljava/lang/Class
;Ljava/lang/Class;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lnet/sf/cglib/proxy/MethodProxy;+42

Has anyone seen such an error before? And if so did you find a workaround? I can always reproduce. It happens when Hibernate loads the mapping in the SessionFactory.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:01 pm 
CGLIB Developer
CGLIB Developer

As I understand it is SUN's JVM. Looks like a bug in JIT, try to dissable just in time compiler ( -Xint commandline parameter ) and report this bug for SUN (set "cglib.debugLocation" to dump generated classes to file).
I use cglib-1.0 without problems on Solaris Sparc 8 servers and JDK 1.4.x., but I will try to run cglib2 on this platform, probably I will reproduce it too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:07 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Indeed I got it to work with -Xint option. I could get a detailed report with JDK1.5 (nothing was found with 1.4.2_x). The problem will be to give a report to Sun as reproducing it probably involves Tomcat classloading. I have no problem with another standalone program that uses the same mapping.

My platform seems quite "standard": Tomcat 5 with Hibernate 2.1.2. I don't feel I am doing anything special so I wonder if anybody ran into this before.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:09 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

By the way, should Hibernate 2 work with CGLIB 1?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:46 pm 
CGLIB Developer
CGLIB Developer

nickonet wrote:
By the way, should Hibernate 2 work with CGLIB 1?

There is some way to register custom proxy factory, but I am not sure this API is released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:00 am 
CGLIB Developer
CGLIB Developer

BTW, how many methods has this problem class ?
I have problems with "large" classes compiled by javac on jdk1.4.* too, the same code runs on jdk1.3 withot problems on all platforms.

Post subject: Any workaround found for CGLIB JVM Crash
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:54 pm 

Wondering if anyone knows of a fix/workaround for this? Has there been a subsequent release on CGLIB that works better on jdk 1.4? We are also seeing JVM crashes & core dumps on solaris using hiberate 2.1, and I'm guessing it could be this same issue. Our enviro:

JDK 1.4.1_05
Solaris 9
Hibernate 2.1. [Not sure of which sub-version]
CGLIB 2.0 - RC2

Any help appreciated....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:56 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Try a non-beta version of CGLib first, Hibernate 2.1.4 comes with CGlib 2.0.1.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]