-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Not committing transaction blocks multiple sessions
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:42 am 

Hello,

I'm very new to hibernate and I wanted to get some clarification on something. I have two connection factories and I created a session from each factory. I forgot to commit a transaction on the first session and it blocked both sessions from committing my data to the database. Is this supposed to happen? I would have thought the second session, that I closed correctly, would have updated in the database since it is a seperate transaction.

Thanks,
twufire

Post subject: Not committing transaction blocks multiple sessions
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:17 am 

I forgot to mention I'm running hibernate as a service of JBoss. These hibernate calls are being made from within the jboss vm in my servlet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:23 am 
Expert
Expert

twufire, what I am assuming happened is that whatever you were doing you managed to get yourself into a deadlocked state.

So yes, if you had 2 transactions going it IS possible that you blocked yourself on the database level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:50 pm 

I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong. Here is my code snippet. If you notice I forget to close the transaction, transa. This causes the second session from factoryb not to commit as well. As soon as I commit the transaction and run it again it works. Perhaps because I'm running under jboss and it is managing transactions. I tried XA drivers but they did not work either.

<code>

Session sessa = facotrya.openSession();

Transaction transa = sessa.beginTransaction();

Test testa= (Test) sessa.load(Test.class, new BigDecimal(1));
testa.setTestText("ROC");

// part 2//

Session sessb = facotryb.openSession();

Stuff sb = new Stuff(new BigDecimal(17), "Record 17...");

sessb.save(sb);
sessb.flush();
sessb.close();

</code>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:58 am 

I'm trying to use two different transactions for two different data sources. I have two mbeans setup in my jboss-service.xml file. They both have the same user transactino attribute:

<attribute name="UserTransactionName">UserTransaction</attribute>

Could this be the problem? Does this need to be different for different data sources.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]