-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate at both ends of an AXIS web service
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:12 pm 

I have a SWING desktop client and web application server, both of which are using Hibernate at both ends. I would like to reuse domain objects and mappings for both when I just need to "replicate" data from other to the other. For example, pulling an address book of users and groups from the server to the client. The tables and objects are identical.

I'm having difficulties keeping relationships in tact, getting hibernate to insert parent/child objects instead of trying to update objects, etc.

In general, is this a good practice or should I use DTOs across the web service with marshalling at both ends? I'm not sure if my senario is an appropriate use of Hibernate or not.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:49 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Check the forum, some peolple experienced you problem, but I can't remember the way they 've chosen

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]