-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pagination Example
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:15 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I have taken the time to read all the posts here on Pagination and trying to implement pagination. However, I have not seen one example of anyone coming out and saying "Hey ! I've done it in Hibernate and here is some pseudocode". I have read about setMaxResults() and setFirstPage(), but I am still not sure of how to get a count of the total results in the resultset without issuing a .list().size(). But to get a total count of results, I would have to do a .list().size() on the Query *without* the setMax() and setFirst() and then execute the Query *with* the setMax() and setFirst() to later just limit the results to 5 or 10 or what have you per page.

So in short, is there anyone that has implement pagination in hibernate successfully *using Query* ? If so, can someone please share some ideas or some code with me to help me out ?

Thanks in advance !
S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:24 pm 

See http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/reference/en/html/queryhql.html#queryhql-tipstricks.

Simply do a select count(*) something in session.iterate() or session.find().
Code:
( (Integer) session.iterate("select count(*) from ....").next() ).intValue()

Post subject: But what about params ?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:26 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But how does this work for parameterized queries ? I have a query where I need to specify parameters, but at the same time, I need a count of how many records it will return. Your examples was simpler - just a select with no params. I have params in my query. Can someone pls point me in the right direction ?

Thanks !
S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:29 am 

Simply do

Code:
Integer count = (Integer) session.createQuery("select count(*) from com.Foo  as foo where foo.bar = :bar")
    .setParameter("bar", "bas")
    .uniqueResult();

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]