-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:27 am 

Actually, I just signed up for the MEAP for Tapestry in Action and there were two options. The full price version gave early access with a copy of the book at the final stage. The cheaper was just the early access with an e-copy of the final book.

quereinsteiger wrote:
I meant my critique towards Manning for not providing only draft access. As a foreigner, it would be better to buy the printed book from German amazon instead of Manning. But they seem to sell both in one pack, drafts and printed book.

I didn't suggest to provide something for free. I only wished, the book would not have been delayed but thats how you decided it. So I will wait and meanwhile try to help myself with try and error, some tutorials and with this forum here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:25 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I have done the same (I really like Tapestry) and the MEAP facility is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:13 pm 

The Manning site currently shows "August 2004" as the publication date.

I assume that this is, in fact, incorrect. Can you confirm this, Christian?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:18 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Oh, this has been changed without me noticing. I can't confirm any date, unfortunately. We are close to the final review and I hope we will be in copyedit and production in the next 4 to 6 weeks. It is realistic to expect some chapters in MEAP in April, but I can't say how long it will take to get all typeset and printed. Sorry, we don't have much influence on this, but we are working hard to get this book out ASAP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:37 pm 
Regular
Regular

Christian, just to chime in here... I think you're totally right about professional programmers having the money to buy the book, and for goodness sake, it's a small price to pay for physical documentation of such an excellent O/R tool. A while ago I got in the practice of printing the most recent stuff onto 3-ring holed paper, but I'll be glad to buy a bound book if it includes some additional expertise not otherwise covered in the free docs. Heck, my time and materials to print the stuff is worth at least half that. I just hope Manning doesn't take too long to deliver the goods - books help a lot when you're telling coworkers and managers about technologies you think they should use.
Scott

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2