-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Many-to-one of a parent class not loading in Beta 6
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:24 pm 
Regular
Regular

When we load the child with a many-to-one and ther is a <many-to-one on the parent, like this:

INVOICE_LINE -> INVOICE -> SELLER_PARTNERSHIP

The "SellerPartnership" is not loading and it is causing us problems. We are on Beta 6.

Any ideas?

Here is a quote from the user:

"when I try to load invoice alone, It is loading sellerPartnershipImpl successfully. But when try to invoiceLine, Invoice is loading without sellerPartnershipImpl."

Invoice.hbm.xml

Code:
<hibernate-mapping>
    <class name="com.notiva.cbo.buyer.data.invoice.InvoiceImpl" table="INVOICE">
        <id column="INVOICE_ID" name="id" type="java.lang.Long" unsaved-value="null">
            <generator class="com.notiva.util.hibernate.SequenceIntervalGenerator">
                <param name="sequence">SEQ_INVOICE_ID</param>
                <param name="interval">1</param>
            </generator>
        </id>
        <many-to-one column="SELLER_PARTNERSHIP_ID" name="partnership" not-null="true" class="com.notiva.cbo.buyer.data.partnership.SellerPartnershipImpl"/>
        <set name="invoiceLines" cascade="all" lazy="true">
            <key column="INVOICE_ID"/>
            <one-to-many class="com.notiva.cbo.buyer.data.invoice.InvoiceLineImpl"/>
        </set>
   </class>
</hibernate-mapping>

InvoiceLine.hbm.xml

Code:
<hibernate-mapping>
    <class name="com.notiva.cbo.buyer.data.invoice.InvoiceLineImpl" table="INVOICE_LINE">
        <id column="INVOICE_LINE_ID" name="id" type="java.lang.Long" unsaved-value="null">
                <param name="sequence">SEQ_INVOICE_LINE_ID</param>
            </generator>
        </id>
        <many-to-one column="INVOICE_ID" name="invoice" not-null="true" class="com.notiva.cbo.buyer.data.invoice.InvoiceImpl"/>
</class>
</hibernate-mapping>

SellerPartnership.hbm.xml

Code:
<hibernate-mapping>

<class name="com.notiva.cbo.buyer.data.partnership.SellerPartnershipImpl" table="SELLER_PARTNERSHIP_SETUP">

<id column="SELLER_PARTNERSHIP_ID" name="id" type="java.lang.Long" unsaved-value="null">
                <param name="sequence">SEQ_SELLER_PARTNERSHIP_ID</param>
            </generator>
        </id>

<many-to-one name="buyer" cascade="all" class="com.notiva.cbo.buyer.data.partnership.BuyerImpl"
         column="BUYER_ID" not-null="true"/>

<property column="SELLER_COLLAB_UID_TXT" name="sellerUid" type="java.lang.String"/>
        <!-- property column="SETTING_SCOPE_ID" name="shortName" type="java.lang.Integer"/ -->

<!-- Abstract Company -->
        <property column="SHORT_NAME_TXT" name="shortName" type="java.lang.String"/>
        <property column="LONG_NAME_TXT" name="longName" type="java.lang.String"/>
        <property column="COMPANY_CODE_TXT" name="companyCode" type="java.lang.String"/>

<!-- Auditable -->
        <property column="CREATE_TS" name="createTs" type="timestamp"/>
        <property column="CREATE_USER_TXT" name="createUserTxt" type="java.lang.String"/>
        <property column="UPDATE_TS" name="updateTs" type="timestamp"/>
        <property column="UPDATE_USER_TXT" name="updateUserTxt" type="java.lang.String"/>

<!-- EFECTIVITY -->
        <property column="EFF_START_DT" name="effectiveStartDate" type="timestamp"/>
        <property column="EFF_END_DT" name="effectiveEndDate" type="timestamp"/>

</class>
</hibernate-mapping>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:03 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Matt,

I have the same problem: did you find a solution? I find that everything works fine as long as I load the parent object and then navigate to the child, but when I directly query the child (from [classname] as obj where obj.id = ?) and later try to save or update it, I get the error that the parent relationship is null.

net.sf.hibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a null or transient value: nl.sogeti.piloot.server.model.Message.book
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.checkNullability(SessionImpl.java:1211)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.doSave(SessionImpl.java:873)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.doSave(SessionImpl.java:817)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.saveWithGeneratedIdentifier(SessionImpl.java:740)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:717)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.saveOrUpdate(SessionImpl.java:1334)

I checked if the book would be null by implementing Validatable. I get this.

net.sf.hibernate.ValidationFailure: Parent (Book) should not be null on Message with persistent id 4294998791
at nl.sogeti.piloot.server.model.Message.validate(Message.java:331)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.doSave(SessionImpl.java:831)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.doSave(SessionImpl.java:817)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.saveWithGeneratedIdentifier(SessionImpl.java:740)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:717)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.saveOrUpdate(SessionImpl.java:1334)

Did you have any luck with this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:50 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Trying a lot of different solutions: but nothing. Is because I have to work on Sunday, or is there no way that the child will load its parent in a bidirectional parent/child relationship? Sigh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:16 pm 
Regular
Regular

I finally tracked down how we fixed this, this is what the user is reporting fixed it anyways. Change your child mapping to this:

<hibernate-mapping default-cascade="save-update">

..and aparently that made the issue go away. Go figure.

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:19 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

You add the cascade to the mapping file of the child?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:24 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Sorry, quick reply: the XML tag looks like something that should be in the hibernate.cfg.xml. Should it go there, or in the child hbm.xml mapping file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:37 pm 
Regular
Regular

It's the new top element for the child, so it is the new mapping for the INVOICE_LINE mapping.

<hibernate-mapping default-cascade="save-update">
<class name="com.acme.InvoiceLineImpl" table="INVOICE_LINE">
</class>
</hibernate-mapping>

SergeBeaumont wrote:
Sorry, quick reply: the XML tag looks like something that should be in the hibernate.cfg.xml. Should it go there, or in the child hbm.xml mapping file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:45 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

aha and darn. I use XDoclet to generate the mapping files, and there's no support for that attribute in 1.2... If only I knew anything useful about XDoclet, I could maybe do somthing about it... ;-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]