-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Generating relationships with Middlegen/Hibernate plug
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:23 am 

Hi,

I am very new to Middlegen and Hibernate.

I have followed the example of how to use the Hibernate plugin for Middlegen and have made progress with the exception of generating the associations in the resulting Hibernate xml files.

I am using the latest stable version of MySql, the Middlegen task in my build file happily connects and picks up the tables in my schema. However, I get a warning saying that no relationships were found and the resulting generated files just define the tables without associations.

As far as I can tell I have set up the foreign key relationships in my schema correctly - should they automatically be picked up in that case or I am missing something here ?

The warning suggests I may have an issue with the metadata class in my driver - again I am simply using the latest stable release of the driver.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:39 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The relationships are generated from the foreign keys in the schema. Yes the JDBC driver meta features are used to determine the relationship constraints. I would say the constaints are not correct or the driver is broken.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]