-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: jotm tomcat advice please ?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:49 am 
Regular
Regular

Hellu,

I am (still) integrating jotm/hibernate under tomcat.
I am strugling with the following two questions, please some advice ?:

- I like to use my application standalone for testing purposes, so I don't want to register my data source under tomcat. I don't see any problems why not... so is there any ?? why shouldn't I do this ?

- I know how to configure hibernate for the correct datasource en with the JOTM JTA... but what is a "good" configuration.. Should I use the pooling of jotm, and if yes, how ? or just the pooling of hibernate ??

Please some feedback,
Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:03 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I don't know the answers, but I also don't know why anyone would add a TM to Tomcat if there is JBoss, with a TransactionManager already integrated and using Tomcat just fine. Why don't you simply use the JBoss modules you require and run JBoss? You can turn off everything individually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:31 am 
Regular
Regular

True, it certainly is a possibility to use Jboss/tomcat... as I do now.. and turn everything off that I don't use... however... I am kicking out Jboss as I don't need it and it only gives me unnessary "things".
Ofcourse I can turn thing off, something I have considered, but still... and that case I can just use Tomcat with a JTA, and there it is, a platform I am more in control...

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:32 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Reading your last postings, I'm not sure about the "more in control" part :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:46 am 
Regular
Regular

Tx for the response.

Buttt, still I am kicking it out.. and the control issue is just a matter of personal favor/experience and situation.

Question: Don't I have a problem if you don't register the session factory in the jndi name but just use it as a singleton (just as appears in the faq).... I mean: the doc says that I should have one session factory per data source for all threads.
But how can I garantee that ?? I mean, if I would use more classloaders, than I could create more than one session factory... or not ??!...

Please some advice as am not too familair with this ?

Ed

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]