-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Session bean to Hibernate Tactio -> StaleObjectStateError
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:44 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I thouth I had this down but now I am seeing this error again so wanted to clearify that I understand this correctly. So any clarificaitons are appreciated.

This is what we are doing. I have an object lets say its called House. This object has a many to one relationship another object called Father :).
This relationship is bi-directional. The id for Father is auto-generated using GUID. I am calling a DAO object from a session bean.

Now, when I want to update Father, I am sending the update to a call to update House in the following way:

updateHouse(House h){

if(h.getFather()!=null){
//we have a father
if(h.getFather().getFatherId()!=null){
//this father is being updated
session.update(h.getFather());
}else{
//this father is being created for the House
session.save(h.getFather();
}
}

//The house has other properties that could also be updated
session.update(h);
}

Now when I run this code, I get a StaleObjectStateError on the Father object telling me the following:

Problem updating House: my.package.House@2c14f9[houseId=1] and the Exception Msg is:
my.package.util.DataAccessException: Problem hibernating....net.sf.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException: Row
was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect) for my.package.Father instance with identifier: 402880e5f805977600f807d5f42b0004

The cascade on the relationship between House and Father is set to false. So when I call update on House, it should not cascade to Father. Not sure what's going on here but if anyone has seen this before and can point it out to me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks....

Post subject: anyone out there?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:59 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am still stuck on this stale object error.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:39 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

This is a FAQ.

Please

(a) read the Parent / Child Relationship doco to understand how to use unsaved-value
(b) learn about saveOrUpdate()

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]