-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: repeated columns workaround?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:07 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I get
net.sf.hibernate.MappingException: Repeated column in mapping for collection: co
m.studentuniverse.farefilter.persistent.Fares.priceCostCalc column: prcolo_id
at net.sf.hibernate.collection.CollectionPersister.checkColumnDuplicatio
n(CollectionPersister.java:838)

for the following mapping. Is there a way to let it use a column for more than one entry (or did I miss what the real problem is?)

Code:
        <many-to-one
            name="priceCostLookup"
            class="PriceCostLookup"
            cascade="none"
            outer-join="auto"
            update="false"
            insert="false"
            column="prcolo_id"
        />

<set
            name="priceCostCalc"
            table="price_cost"
            lazy="false"
            inverse="false"
            cascade="none"
            sort="unsorted"
            order-by="prcolo_id,pricos_calc_order"
        >
              <key  column="prcolo_id"/>

<many-to-many  class="PriceCost" column="prcolo_id"/>
        </set>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:43 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

How is it semantically correct to have an association table with just one column!?

This makes it a one-to-one association!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:50 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I think I'm just way off and have to figure this out more.

What I have is table A with prcolo_id, and table B also with this id. Table B can have n number of records, so it sounds like a many to one.

I get confused as to what tables the "column" attributes refer to. What I need to figure out is how to tell it use table a column as the key, and get the collection from table b's corresponding column.

I tried one to many but it won't take a column attribute, I think it's only assuming using the primary key for my table B, and I can't use something different, or figure out how to specify that yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:55 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You do NOT need to specify the primary key in a one-to-many mapping! Hibernate is not stupid. It knows what the damn primary key column of a class is!

The rules are quite simple:

The <joined-subclass>, <class>, <set>, <list>, etc all define a table attribute. Any column names that appear inside one of these elements refers to _that_table_ (and no other table!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:31 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I am talking about this very restriction, if I understand it.

If I map class A to B one to many, the reference back to A must be A's ID, nothing else, correct?

Say A is a customer, and B are invoices. It makes sense the B will have a key for customer number.

But if A also has a messageID, and C is a message table (X lines of message for a messageID). Is it possible for me to make a one to many mapping that says a.messageID to c.messageID to get a collection of the messages for a customer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:19 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

after looking some more, what I needed was a many to many, but without the interim table, which hibernate doesn't do. So I'll load in this collection via a joined query, which should solve it well enough.
Legacy data!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]