-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Search with the combination of like search
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:20 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

Is it possible to do like search with hibernate search.

like suppose the value stored for a Event Name is 'Online Tradeshow'

Even Name field is being indexed.

Now if i search for 'Trade' or 'show' would i be able to get the result.. is this possible.

I have done tokenizing the words.

If i search for Tradeshow i will get the result.

But the above case??? any suggestions???

Is it possible???

Thanks,
Ambika.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:56 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

your problem is more a problem of the Lucene query API. In the case where you want to get a match for 'trade' you should get away with a prefix query - 'trade*' or problematically via the PrefixQuery class.

The other case - 'show' is more problematic. Per default Lucene does not allow leading wildcard searches like '*show'. That said there is a QueryParser. setAllowLeadingWildcard() method which allows you to execute such wildcard searches. Performance might be bad though (see http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/L ... 09848ea695).

An alternative would be to use a filter with a WildCardTermEnum together with a ConstantScoreQuery - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/l ... user/38426

So there are solutions to your problem, but you have to search more in Lucene than in Hibernate Search to find them. Check the Lucene mailing list. I am sure there are many post regarding leading wildcard queries.

Hope this helps.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]