-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Hibernate Search] Why indexing twice double the index size?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:57 am 

Hello,

So I have a cron job running every night that re-index all objects from my DB (13,000 with nested indexed collections).

I noticed that after each re-index, the index doubles in size.

I was hopping that when indexing twice the same object and nest collection, Lucene was updating the existing entry and not creating a new one.

But the interesting thing is that I don't get duplicates when doing a search.

I have optimization turned on to run after 1000 updates.

I could delete all the files before the re-index but then that would disrupt the master/slave config.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
-Christophe

UPDATE:
If calling the optimization manually in my code it works fine and the index shrinks in half: searchFactory.optimize();

But if I try to use the properties it does not seem to work:
<property name="hibernate.search.default.optimizer.operation_limit.max">1000</property>
<property name="hibernate.search.default.optimizer.transaction_limit.max">100</property>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:59 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You're using JMS, right?
you need to configure the properties in your master, not in the slaves.
If htis is what you're doing, could you try a debugger, the class that does the job is IncrementalOptimizerStrategy (which is called by Workspace)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]