-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why is regression HHH-8839 deemed unimportant?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:07 am 

When trying to convert our application from Jpa 2.0/Hib 4.2.x to Jpa 2.1/Hib 4.3.x we were confronted with the showstopper https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8839
Lennart Jörelid rightly commented there:
Quote:
'This issue is actually rather important to make serious JPA-aware applications work.'

The reporter of the bug, Luca Masini, also reported it as 'major'. He talks about a regression, which seems to imply that someone was already able to solve it in the past.
That's why I'm surprised that it wasn't tackled between 4.3.0 and 4.3.6. As there are no workarounds mentioned in HHH-8839, people might get tempted to switch to eclipselink.

Post subject: Re: Why is regression HHH-8839 deemed unimportant?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:43 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Good points, sorry to see this happening. I'll mention it to the core team, but also please consider helping if it's important for you as the project is still primarily based on amazing volunteers helping out.
Sometimes the team is simply flat out on other subjects, often because we need to push for other things first, other times just by mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:46 am 

I did what you suggested, and came up with a patch. I also created a few minimal test projects that illustrate how things used to work under 4.2.x, how they originally did not work under 4.3.x, and how the patch fixed these issues.
The advantage of these tests is that you don't need wildfly to run them, just maven and mysql (should be easy to switch to another database).
The problem is that, at first sight, there is no way for me to post the associated code on this forum. As I'm not an hibernate expert, and hardly know what these new load plans are, there is a fair chance that my patch is far from perfect.
I do believe it might put the true experts on the correct track to finally fix the problem. Please let me know how to proceed ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 am 

I noticed on https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8839 that the problem has been fixed by the core team (Gail Badner) on 18/8.
I was in the middle of porting my patch to the hibernate 4.3.x branch, struggling a bit with Git and gradle on the way, to find out that it was not needed any more.
Hence my next question: when do you expect the next 4.3.x, including the 18/8 patch by Gail, will be released ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]