-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Unexpected error trying to gauge level of JDBC REF_CURSOR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:26 am 

When using Hibernate with the latest version, or any of the past ten versions, of the PostgreSQL JDBC driver version an "Unexpected error trying to gauge level of JDBC REF_CURSOR support : null" error occurs when starting up my application. The error is only viewable after setting the Hibernate log level to "DEBUG" which causes me to think it could be a Hibernate issue.

It causes my application to hang when starting up for anywhere between eighty to three hundred seconds. After startup everything works fine. I am using the following driver version:

(Gradle Dependency style)
'org.postgresql:postgresql:9.3-1102-jdbc41'

My application is a Spring Boot application and the hanging happens upon starting that application.

I saw the error after turning on Hibernate logging. The full log is at the following paste.

http://pastebin.com/CAjSyQw9

Does this sort of an error seem like an issue with the Hibernate or the JDBC driver?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]