-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dynamic Index Configuration
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:46 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi, is it possibly to configure programmatically what should be indexed ? I want the index to be customizable and not hardcoded into my entities. Any ideas ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:51 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

in the current release it is not possible to programmatically configure Hibernate Search. However, as part of a groovy integration a programmatic interface got added to the current development trunk of Hibernate Search - http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=995767 This functionality will be part of the next release of Hibernate Search.

That said, what are your concerns to add the index meta data to the entities? Logically this is the place where this metadata should be.

--Hardy

Post subject: Great
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:50 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Is there a planned release date for this or should I go for "latest from head" :)

The concern is as follows: My whole UI concept is based on the search index. I have some fields of my entities indexed, others not. So I add fields to the index on users demands, some users want this others want that. So if I had the index customizable (what I could do with the groovy scripts, simple put them into the database thats what i do for customization in many areas :) I could customize the index for each user individually. I could even provide some UI assistance that users can configure their index on their own.

Regards & Thx Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:43 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Programmatic mapping is targeted for Hibernate Search 3.2 but there is no date yet. Grab SVN's trunk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:55 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

In case you want to build from source you might find this interesting - http://www.hibernate.org/462.html

Also note that the programmatic configuration features rely on some unreleases features of Hibernate Core as well.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]