-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Entity listener documentation contradicts EJB3 specification
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:05 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

CAVEAT: It is possible the EJB3 specification has changed on this point, correct me if I'm wrong.

According to http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/entit ... eners.html entity listeners must be declared "public" but according to the final EJB3 specification section 3.5.1: "The callback methods can have public, private, protected, or package level access, but must not be static or final."

Should I file a bug against this in JIRA?

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:41 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

the implementation doesn't care about the visibility. Open a JIRA issue, I'll fix the doc. Not that I don't see the point of a private method for that, but that's just me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:26 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

emmanuel wrote:
the implementation doesn't care about the visibility. Open a JIRA issue, I'll fix the doc. Not that I don't see the point of a private method for that, but that's just me

While we're on a related topic, is @PostLoad implemented at all? I tried everything but Hibernate never invokes the method that's annotated with it. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:20 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

yes it is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:09 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

emmanuel wrote:
yes it is

Is this in the official cr1 release or only in SVN trunk? Is there maybe some sample code I can try out?

Gili

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:16 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

it is available in CR1, check the unit test suite for @PostLoad for a working example

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]