-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Criteria
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:42 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

How can I use the Criteria class to create a query like this.

Code:
select * from cats, kittens left join kittens.parent_id on cat.id where (cat.name="Pussy" or kitten.name="Kitten")

I have not tested the query above but you should/could maybe understand what I'm trying to do.

In Hibernate I can do the following.

Code:
criteria.createCriteria("cat").add(Expression.eq("name", "Pussy"));
criteria.createCriteria("kittens").add(Expression.eq("name", "Kitten"));

But I cannot figure out how to get the OR into the query. Since Expression.conjunction does not take a Criteria as an argument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:15 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You might try something like this:

List cats = sess.createCriteria(Cat.class)
.createAlias("kittens", "kt")
.add( Expression.conjunction(Expression.eqProperty("kt.name", "something"), Expression.eqProperty("name", "somethingelse" )
.list();

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:56 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. One correction, conjunction does not take any arguments.

Code:
List cats = sess.createCriteria(Cat.class)
.createAlias("kittens", "kt")
.add( Expression.conjunction().add(Expression.eq("kt.name", "something")).add(Expression.eq("name", "somethingelse" ))
.list();

It would be good to have conjunction and discjunction examples in the Hibernate documentation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]