-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: NHibernate Needs You!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:18 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

NHibernate project is currently progressing rather slowly and we need more contributors. So if you have been thinking already about taking part in the project, don't hesitate to apply :)

Sergey

Last edited by sergey on Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:48 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I want to thanks all the guys who are sending patches, writing documentation and helping users to solve their problems in this forum :)

There are load of areas where you can easily contribute:
- Provide bug fixes (http://jira.nhibernate.org/)
- Add new features (I know you are customizing NHibernate or adding your components on top of it; they can help others and get improved :) )
- Write NHibernate-related documentation: articles/tutorials/blogs/samples
- Provide new stuff like the CruiseControl.NET server, helpful tools/libraries...
- Be active in this forum; give your opinion; suggest ideas...
- More here: HowToContribute

Most of the time, it doesn't take lot of time and can be very appreciate :wink:

Last edited by KPixel on Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Getting started with NHibernate development
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:21 am 

Hi. I would like to contribute to NHibernate, but is there a documentation about how the engine works? I've looked at the source code and I think it would take some time to figure out how all the pieces operate together. It would be helpful to me and other would be contributors if there's some kind of component map and other internal details to get started quickly. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:42 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

No documentation is available, unfortunately, but I can try to summarize the most important objects here.

• ISession is the front-end to the rest of NHibernate, it coordinates other objects, stores a collection of the loaded objects and is used for the database interaction. It implements Unit of Work and Identity Map patterns (see Fowler's Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture).
  • Persisters are responsible for figuring out the SQL needed to store and load the data. They contain mapping information for individual classes and collections.
  • Loaders execute SQL queries and translate the result rows into objects (with the help from persisters, session and session factory)
  • Dialect and its subclasses define the SQL syntax and capabilities of various databases.

Other helper objects exist mostly to support these core objects and add functionality. These include:
  • an HQL parser (QueryTranslator)
  • criteria query translator
  • configuration parser
  • some core classes like SqlString (a string with SQL parameters) and IdentityMap (copied from Apache Commons or some other such project)
  • persistent collections
  • IType and its implementors hierarchy, used to define how various types are mapped to SQL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:23 pm 

Thanks Sergey. I'll look into this and maybe the docs will be an area that I can help with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:38 am 

Hi,
I would like to contribute on the NHibernate development.
I have a lot of software development experience in .Net and I would like to help on developing future NHibernate versions, fixing some bugs and on the documentation.

Best Regards,
Rui

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:04 am 
Contributor
Contributor

The best way to start is to register in our JIRA (jira.nhibernate.org), find an unresolved issue, fix it, and submit a patch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:10 pm 

sergey wrote:
The best way to start is to register in our JIRA (jira.nhibernate.org), find an unresolved issue, fix it, and submit a patch.

Ok. I will do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:33 pm 

sergey wrote:

Hi Sergey,

I would like to contribute the development in NHibernate. Dose it mean I could start through jira.nhibernate.org? Will the information in sourceforge be available in the future?

I have account in sourceforge, is it possible to be a developer in this project?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:58 am 
Contributor
Contributor

huangchenliang wrote:
I would like to contribute the development in NHibernate. Dose it mean I could start through [url]jira.nhibernate.org[/url]?

Yes, you can start by submitting patch fixing the open issues in Jira...

huangchenliang wrote:
Will the information in sourceforge be available in the future?

I don't understand your question.

huangchenliang wrote:
I have account in sourceforge, is it possible to be a developer in this project?

We will think about it after few contributions.

Post subject: Jira fix
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:22 am 
We use NHibernate quite extensively, we've made two changes (fixes) that we would love to have fixed in the releases as this makes it easier to just drop new releases into our project. I've (re)raised NH 214 as NH 458 about a month ago but there has been no activity on this. I have a fix for the issue (mailed it to Paul H) but I've not seen ANY response or activity.

Post subject: Re: Jira fix
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:28 am 

Boegman wrote:
We use NHibernate quite extensively, we've made two changes (fixes) that we would love to have fixed in the releases as this makes it easier to just drop new releases into our project. I've (re)raised NH 214 as NH 458 about a month ago but there has been no activity on this. I have a fix for the issue (mailed it to Paul H) but I've not seen ANY response or activity.

OK, so now I've registered on phpbb aswell, I posted the above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:39 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry about that, there are lots of issues there, sometimes it's hard to tell what's important and what isn't. I marked the issue to be fixed in 1.0.2.

Post subject: I can help you to translate NHibernate.Document into Chinese
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:01 pm 

I can help you to translate NHibernate.Document into Chinese

Post subject: Re: NHibernate Needs You!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:11 pm 

Hi!

jira.nhibernate.org is unavailable for now.
Is there any way to contribute?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]