-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: constraint propagation to DDL without Validator!?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:58 am 

Hi,

I have a very general question:

Can the tool "hbm2ddl" reflect constraints defined in a usual hbm.xml without having to use hibernate-annotation and hibernate-validator??

It is said that constraints will be applied to DDL if validator is in CLASSPATH:
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/annot ... ml#d0e3496

BUT what if I don't use annotations and validator???

I checked this once but the constraints weren't propageted to DDL!

___

I like to define constraints with annotations and validator and they should be applied to DDL.. what should I do to achive this?

I is said that the propagation can be enabled/disabled in the configuration file with hibernate.validator.apply_to_ddl .

BUT the hibernate3.0 dtd doesn't know validator and all other configurations of this modul at all!!

Where can i find the propper DTD for Validator?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]