-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Hibernate Search] NO_NORM and TOKENIZED
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:49 am 

Hi,

I need to have norms omitted and still tokenize some of my fields. This is not an uncommon need for short fields which all are of approx. the same length over the doc space.

Is it possible in Hibernate Search to declaratively (i.e. via annotations) attain the equivalent of:

Code:
Field field = new Field("field", "data", Store.NO, TOKENIZED);
field.setOmitNorms(true);
doc.add(field);

Thankful for any suggestions on this,
Tobias

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:51 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

So far this type of functionality is not exposed via annotations. However, it should be quite simple to achieve what you want to do using a custom FieldBridge implementation. Check the Hibernate Search docs: http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/search/reference/en/html_single/#d0e1624.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:47 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Open a JIRA issue for it.
I'm not sure I want to open this feature though (it seems a not so common use case), did the FieldBridge work ok for you?

I guess a @NoNorm annotation could work here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:29 am 

For use cases that don't require norms (e.g. no result scoring), the wasted memory overhead is significant. See lucene_is_a_memory_hog which describes an example of lucene using 57 GB of heap space when using norms!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]