-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Generic hibernate entity manager
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:49 am 

Hi All,

I would like to know if I can use the hibernate entity manager in generic way without using mapping xml or mapping class.

eg. I wanted to use entity manger to abstract database layer and develop application on top of this. Basically I want the query result to be converted to my own custom object (I will have a hashmap kind of object for all tables). so My idea is to use the entity manger as wrapper around the database layer mainly to support multiple databases.

I already have a legacy persistence layer, which uses SQL generator interfaces to support multiple DB, i want to only replace this portion with hibernate. All other part of my application talk in generic dataobject for all tables, and i have program which understand this data structure and create SQL queries depends on this.

But now we wanted to support multiple databases, So i thinking will hibernate help me there

Please help.

Thanks
Gireesh

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]