-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Change of "hibernate.default_schema" during runtim
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:04 am 

Hello,

I want a seperate DB schema for every mandator in our application so that the data is not mixed between different mandators. The schemas should be generate dynamicly during runtime. I use something like this to generate the tables of the schema:

Code:
Map<String, String> props = new Hashtable<String, String>();
props.put(HIBERNATE_DEFAULT_SCHEMA, userName);
Ejb3Configuration cfg = new Ejb3Configuration();
Ejb3Configuration configured = configured = cfg.configure(persistenceUnitName, properties);
String[] lines = cfg.getHibernateConfiguration().generateSchemaCreationScript(new PostgreSQLDialect());
for (int i = 0; i < lines.length; i++) {
  entityManager.createNativeQuery(lines[i]).executeUpdate();
}

So far every thing work pretty good. The tables in the database are generated during runtime for a new "userName" (I generate the schema in the db with something like "CREATE SCHEMA %%username%%" before)

So far so good. Now my problem:
I want to persist some data into the new generated tables within the new schema. For that I want to change the property "hibernate.default_schema" of the persistence.xml config file during runtime.

I tried several things to do so, but nothing help me to solve the problem. I'm not able to generate a new EntityManager because of transaction reasons. So I have to change the existing EntityManager during runtime.

Different things I tried:

1. EntityManagerFactory
I use the EntityManagerFactory and call the method "createEntityManager(Map arg)". My map looks like this:

Code:
props.put("hibernate.default_schema", userName);

I get a new EntityManager but this instance is still using the hibernate.default_schema out of persistence.xml

2. Ejb3Configuration
I use the Ejb3Configuration class to generate a new EntityManager with the new "hibernate.default_schema". Perhaps this would work, but I can't do this because of transaction reasons.

2. Hibernate Delegate

Code:
props.put("hibernate.default_schema", userName);
SessionImpl sessionImpl = ((org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl) entityManager.getDelegate());
sessionImpl.getFactory().getConnectionProvider().configure(props);

I tried to use the Hibernate delegate of JPA to reconfigure the ConnectionProvider too. After that I establish a new database connection, but the "default_schema" do not change after this reconfiguration.

Is it possible to reconfigure the "hibernate.default_schema" during runtime? And how?

Hibernate version: 3.2.4.sp1

App-Server: JBoss 4.2.3.GA

DB: postgresql-8.3-603

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:34 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

I don't have the answer to your particular question, but have you seen this:http://www.hibernate.org/429.html. Maybe the best way forward is implementing your own data source or using Hibernate Shards. Be aware of the cons though.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]