-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Search configuration in XML file
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:38 am 

Hi, I have a little problem with Hibernate Search. I have wondered if there is a possibility to move classes metadata from annotations (@Indexed, @Field, etc..) to xml files? I am working on some application which will be run at PCs and mobile phones. With mobile device I use CLDP, and it does not support annotations. So there is a problem, because I would like to use the same bean classes in PC version and mobile device version of application. So I cannot use annotations, because the classes with annotations don't compile in CLDP project. I also don't want to have two sets of beans, one with annotations and second - without. Maybe you can help me in some way?

P.S. Sorry for my English if it is incorrect;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:18 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

technically it is no problem to implement a xml mapping for Hibernate Search, however it is not yet implemented. So far the Hibernate Search specific entity configuration is only available via annotations.

Also have a look at http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=987587 and http://www.hibernate.org/443.html.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]