-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Discriminator column part of Primary Key, How To ?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:35 am 

I have a composed primary key, and one field (last field) is the discriminator column.

I use JPA Annotation and Hbn tell me "repeated column in mapping for entity".

I have read that discriminator column should be mapped "insert=false" like this:
Code:
<discriminator column="MyType" type="String" not-null="true" insert="false" />

But i haven't found out how to do it with annotation.

I have tried:
Code:
@Entity
@Table(name = "MyEntityTable")
@Inheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.SINGLE_TABLE)
@DiscriminatorColumn(name="MyType", discriminatorType=DiscriminatorType.STRING, length = 4)

public abstract class MyEntity implements Serializable {
    @EmbeddedId
    @AttributeOverride(name = "myType", column = @Column(name = "MyType", nullable = false, insertable = false, updatable = false))
    public MyEntityPK myEntityPK;

but it doesn't work.

I have tried also a direct change of column definition in MyEntityPK (but i can't use this solution, because MyEntityPK is used also on other entity as embedded object, so all columns must be insert = True), but even this does not work and get the same error ("repeated column ...").

Solutions ?

Regards.

Ps
I use Hibernate Core 3.3.0.CR1 with EntityManager and Annotation 3.4.0.CR1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:10 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

could you maybe provide a little more information, for example how all involved classes are annotated? Also what is the full stack trace of the exception?

Are you working against a legacy database or what else is the reason to make the discriminator column part of the primary key?

--Hardy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:38 am 

hardy.ferentschik wrote:
Hi,

could you maybe provide a little more information, for example how all involved classes are annotated? Also what is the full stack trace of the exception?

Are you working against a legacy database or what else is the reason to make the discriminator column part of the primary key?

--Hardy

Yes, legacy DB.

The PK is like:

cdOwner int,
idObject int,
cdObjectType char(4)

We want the possibility of having two keys like 1, 1, ABCD and 1, 1, ZWXY.
Same Owner, same id but different Type (so 2 different object).

Code:
@Entity
@DiscriminatorColumn(name="cdObjectType", discriminatorType=DiscriminatorType.STRING, length = 4)

@EmbeddedId
    @AttributeOverride(name = "cdObjectType", column = @Column(name = "cdObjectType", nullable = false, insertable = false, updatable = false))

Code:
@Embeddable
public class MyEntityPK implements Serializable {
    //@org.hibernate.validator.Min(value=1)
    //@org.hibernate.validator.NotNull
    @Column(name = "cdOwner", nullable = false)
    private Integer cdOwner;

//@org.hibernate.validator.Min(value=1)
    @Column(name = "idObject", nullable = false)
    private Integer idObject;

//@org.hibernate.validator.Length(min=4, max=4)
    @Column(name="cdTkObjectType", length=4, nullable=false)
    private String cdTkObjectType;

Code:
@Entity
@DiscriminatorValue("CARS")
@SecondaryTable(
    name="MySecondaryTable",
    pkJoinColumns={
        @PrimaryKeyJoinColumn(name="cdOwner", referencedColumnName="cdOwner"),
        @PrimaryKeyJoinColumn(name="idObject", referencedColumnName="idObject"),
        @PrimaryKeyJoinColumn(name="cdObjectType", referencedColumnName="cdObjectType")
    }
)
public class Cars extends MyEntity implements Serializable {
    private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;

@Column(name = "dhSold", table="MySecondaryTable", nullable = false)
    @Temporal(TemporalType.TIMESTAMP)
    private Date dhSold;

Error:

Code:
javax.persistence.PersistenceException: [PersistenceUnit: MyPU] Unable to build EntityManagerFactory
   at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:677)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:126)
   at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:52)
   at it.myproject.StartUpClass.<init>(StartUpClass.java:146)
   at it.myproject.StartUpClass.main(StartUpClass.java:1401)
Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: Repeated column in mapping for entity: it.myproject.entities.Cars column: cdObjectType (should be mapped with insert="false" update="false")
   at org.hibernate.mapping.PersistentClass.checkColumnDuplication(PersistentClass.java:647)
   at org.hibernate.mapping.PersistentClass.checkColumnDuplication(PersistentClass.java:690)
   at org.hibernate.mapping.PersistentClass.validate(PersistentClass.java:445)
   at org.hibernate.mapping.SingleTableSubclass.validate(SingleTableSubclass.java:43)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.validate(Configuration.java:1112)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1297)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(AnnotationConfiguration.java:854)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:669)
   ... 4 common frames omitted

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:05 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

it sounds a little like this issue: http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HB-1149.

It would be interesting to know if it is possible to configure your example using xml configuration. Have you tried? I am also wondering whether you could use @DiscriminatorFormula instead of DiscriminatorColumn. It might be worth a try.

--Hardy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:55 pm 

hardy.ferentschik wrote:

Hi,

yes it is the same problem.
It has been fixed for XML (with discriminator insert=false) but not for annotation (or the solution is unknown).

Quote:
It would be interesting to know if it is possible to configure your example using xml configuration. Have you tried? I am also wondering whether you could use @DiscriminatorFormula instead of DiscriminatorColumn. It might be worth a try.

--Hardy

I never have used xml files for jpa or hbn so i have no experience in using it.

I have tried @DiscriminatorFormula and it seem to work.

This code works:

Code:
@Entity
//@DiscriminatorColumn(name="cdObjectType", discriminatorType=DiscriminatorType.STRING, length = 4)
@org.hibernate.annotations.DiscriminatorFormula(value="cdTkObjectType")

@EmbeddedId

but it uses specific hibernate annotation and furthermore i don't understand why it doesn't work with jpa @DiscriminatorColumn annotation

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]