-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best way to deploy HS MDB?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:49 pm 
Regular
Regular

If the HS MDB can only reside on the Master node what is the best way to have it only deployed there?

I assume this is some specific JBoss configuration but since I'm not familiar with clustered setup with JBoss how would you go about doing this?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:12 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

your questions is very vague, but let me give you some hints.

Of course the deployment target is important, but I think your actual build procedure and application configuration. What I mean is that in many cases users have actually two different applications. The slave application and a often stripped down admin application which will be the master and contains the MDB. In this case you are deploying two different types of artifacts anyway. You can of course also use the same application for master and slave, however, you have to make sure that the master gets a different configuration (the master configuration) in the hibernate configuration file. In fact it does not matter whether you include the MDB in all nodes (even the slaves), the important thing is that the configuration between master and slaves differ. There are many ways to achieve this. If you want to use the same app for master and slave you could build the artifact twice and on each build use eg filtering techniques to generate the different configuration files.

Once you are able to deploy the master with the right configuration and the MDB you will have to look at your jbossmq-destinations-service.xml file under deply/jms of your sever configuration and actually configure the JMS queue. See the JBoss documentation for that.

--Hardy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:57 pm 
Regular
Regular

Thanks for your response, it is appreciated.

Yes the same application I was considering using as both master and slave. If I can deploy the MDB to the slaves as well as long as the configuration is different is good news.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]