-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Batch indexing very slow
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:15 pm 
Regular
Regular

I'm indexing 80K + entities and doing things pretty much by the book as described in the Hibernate Search in Action book.

I am unable to make use of @Batch or @Subselect however since it has negative impact in other areas of the application. I am however using the fetch join to eager fetch all the @IndexedEmbedded values

Would doing projection or does anyone else have any other recommendations on to increase performance? As it is now the expectation is that for this particular entity we may have around 200K and based on my timing it would take close to an hour to batch which is not acceptable.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:52 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

most of the time if indexing is slow it's because the queries to load all the data are too slow.

Quote:
I am however using the fetch join to eager fetch all the @IndexedEmbedded values

It is possible that this is making performance worse, try removing some fetch join rules: if you are joining more than one table the database resultset is going to grow quite fast.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]