-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Embedded AttributeOverrides ignored?
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:13 pm 

I am using the latest Hibernate GA releases as of today. I have a very simple class that is embeddable:

Code:
@Embeddable
public class Address implements Serializable {

@Column(name = "addressStreet1", length = 40)
    private String street1;

@Column(name = "addressStreet2", length = 40)
    private String street2;

@Column(name = "addressApartmentNumber", length = 10)
    private String apartmentNumber;

@Column(name = "addressCity", length = 40)
    private String city;

@Column(name = "addressState", length = 3)
    private String state;

@Column(name = "addressPostalCode", length = 11)
    private String postalCode;

}

When I embed this class and use AttributeOverrides to rename the columns, the renaming doesn't occur. No matter what it still adds the columns with the names "addressStreet1", "addressStreet2", etc.

Here is the code for how I am embedding it:

Code:
    @Embedded
    @AttributeOverrides({
        @AttributeOverride(name = "addressStreet1", column = @Column(name = "mailingAddressStreet1")),
        @AttributeOverride(name = "addressStreet2", column = @Column(name = "mailingAddressStreet2")),
        @AttributeOverride(name = "addressApartmentNumber", column = @Column(name = "mailingAddressApartmentNumber")),
        @AttributeOverride(name = "addressCity", column = @Column(name = "mailingAddressCity")),
        @AttributeOverride(name = "addressState", column = @Column(name = "mailingAddressState")),
        @AttributeOverride(name = "addressPostalCode", column = @Column(name = "mailingAddressPostalCode"))
    })
    private Address mailingAddress;

What am I doing wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:50 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

I think in the name attribute of the @AttributeOverride annotation you have to specify the actual property. What i mean is street1 instead of addressStreet1, ...

--Hardy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:36 am 

That did it! I've been looking at it and trying everything under the sun but never even noticed that I named the property a different name than the column in my Address class. In all of my other embeddable classes I used the same name for the property and column so I didn't run into this.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]