-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mapping an unidirectional relationship
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:38 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi!

I've got a class named Ficha whith a set of objects of another class named Materia. Like this:

@Indexed
public class Ficha {
@Id
@DocumentId
protected Long idFicha;

@ManyToMany(fetch = FetchType.EAGER, cascade = CascadeType.MERGE)
@JoinTable(name = "rel_materia_ficha_tarifa", joinColumns = { @JoinColumn(name = "ficha_tarifa_id") }, inverseJoinColumns = { @JoinColumn(name = "materia_id") })
@IndexedEmbedded
protected Set<Materia> materias = new HashSet<Materia>();

}

@Entity
@Indexed
public class Materia{

@Id
@DocumentId
private String codigo;

@Field(index = Index.TOKENIZED, store = Store.NO)
@Boost(2.0f)
private String descripcion;

}

I'm working with queries about Ficha class, I mean, I want to retrieve lists of Ficha objects. However, I don't know how I can set the Lucene indexes aware of any change in the Materias objects. I mean, I'd like to do the same that the annotation @ContainedIn does in a bidirectional relationship .

Thanks a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:05 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

to let Hibernate Search automatically handle this you would have to make your relation bidirectional and use @ContainedIn.

If for some reason you cannot use a bidirectional relationship you could try catch changes to Materia instances via event listeners, run a Hibernate query to find all Ficha instances having a reference to your Materia instance and trigger a manul index update. I've never tried something like this before though ;-)

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]