-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: One to Many & MAny to One Foreign table
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:32 am 

HI!
I am new to Hibernate. Now here is situation what I am trying to do using Hibernate (Annotation).
Situation: I have one Abstract Class say A which i dont want to make Persistance. And it has some get and set method. Now I have extended from this Abstract Class say B. Now there is one more class C. Now B and C has relation one to many and many to one. So when i make entry in B or C one foreign table should be create (first time) and all relational entry should be there in this table. So can any body tell how can i achive this.

I will very thank full if any one send example as well.

Post subject: pls review the hibernate docs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:39 am 
Senior
Senior

Hi,
Did you look at the examples in Hibernate docs for one-to-many relationships? Also look in the JEE 5 tutorial chapter 24: introduction to JPA
http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/

A few things you must always answer before deciding the nature of a relationship:

1. how will a user create a new A object? will it first be created without B's and then later you will add them? will A be created when it already has some B's associated to it? maybe both options are needed?

2. what happens when A is removed? will all its B's also be removed?

3. will you allow 2 users to concurrently update 2 different B's that "belong" to the same A object?

4. how are the various classes derived from your abstract class mostly expected to differ? in their logic? in their data members?

5. Will your database also be accessible from non-JPA code?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]