-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Debugging hibernate search problems when using glassfish
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:25 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I'm trying to get search up and running with glassfish and hibernate-entitymanager.

The problem that I'm running into is that after adding the search annotations some database operations fail, and all I get in the logs is an opaque:

javax.ejb.EJBException: Transaction aborted; nested exception is: javax.transaction.RollbackException: Transaction marked for rollback.
javax.transaction.RollbackException: Transaction marked for rollback.

Removing or just messing around with the search annotations typically fixes this exception but I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to coax the actual problem out of this - a special place to put a breakpoint, or something?

Any help appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:02 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I came up with a solution - I inserted my own implementation of Backend, Worker, and a couple other core classes using properties, and added code that prints a stack trace and eats the RunTimeExceptions.

Turns out I was getting NullPointerException from some Bridge code I had which didn't check for null values. Fixed!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]