-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Adding additional persistence.xml files
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:58 pm 

I have a base project (base-project) that produces a jar with persistence classes and a META-INF/persistence.xml file.

I then have an extension project (ext-project) that depends upon the base-project.jar and wishes to add additional persistence.xml files to add entity listeners and perhaps additional persistence classes etc.

I cannot seem to get the ext-project's persistence.xml file to be processed by hibernate code no matter where I place it. I can tell this by looking at TRACE logs emitted by hibernate:

TRACE Ejb3Configuration:214 - Analyse of persistence.xml: jar:file:...base-project.jar!/META-INF/persistence.xml

and not seeing any similar message for the 2nd persistence.xml in ext-project.

I suspect that I am not placing the file in the correct location and it is therefor being ignored.

My standalone test program runs with the 2nd persistence.xml file as META-INF/persistence.xml file in a directory that is in the programs classpath.

Why is it not being processed during the creation of the PersistenceManagerFactory?

I am creating the PersistenceManagerFactory using following code:

Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(persistenceUnitName, properties);

TIA for your help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]