-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unable to find column with logical name:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:08 pm 

Ok hear is the situation, I think this issue has been dealt with before but I couldn't find a satisfactory answer.

I have two entities both entities use a composite primary key (MyPK.class)

entity B inherits from A

Code:
  //pk->MyPK.class
  //discriminator = 'A'
  class A {
    private id1;
    private id2;
  }

//discriminator='B'
  //pk->MyPK.class
  //primary key join columns( joinCol id1 references id1, joinCol id2 references id2);
  class B extends A{
  }

This is where my problem is:
Code:
org.hibernate.MappingException:
Unable to find column with logical name: id2 in A

from what i can see i have the column its even there in the database table, anyone?, please??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:15 pm 
Regular
Regular

I've hit this snag several times but you have not provided enough code for me to point out what you're doing wrong, so I can only guess.

See if this has anything to do w/ it:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... se/ANN-548

You'll notice at the bottom there's a link to the thread that lead to the JIRA issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:13 am 

Ok in my effort to go down to the bottom of this problem i made two discoveries:

1. The problem is not only with @PrimaryKeyColumns annotations or at least from what i found out.
I removed all the classes in my persistence unit and started adding them one by one startiing with simple ones, and before I only added two classes and i got the same error, the problem was this:
Code:
uniqueConstraints={@UniqueConstraint(columnNames={"RealmID","EntityName"})

for some reasons beyond my understanding hibernate doesn't like that annotation or at least if there are more than one columns, this was working fine with toplink + glassfish, please tell it got to be a bug.

2. second problem is this:

Code:
@GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.IDENTITY,generator="RealmTypeSequence")
  @javax.persistence.SequenceGenerator(name="RealmTypeSequence",sequenceName="realmtypeseq", allocationSize=5)
  @Column(name="RealmTypeID",nullable=false,insertable=true,updatable=false)

these annotations are somewhat ignored, hibernate looks for the following sequence realmtype_realmtypeid_seq i'm on PostgreSQL 8.1 i dont want it to dictate what sequence name i should use, i want to to follow my instruction and use the sequence here in the annotation.

are these bugs or iam just missing something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:28 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

For 1. please show your domain model.
for 2, aren't you using a different naming strategy? This could also explain 1 BTW

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]