-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: OneToMany with IndexColumn can't be saved?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:21 am 

Hi All,

A while back I was having trouble with "cannot load multiple bags" errors during eager fetching. So, I added @IndexColumn annotations to all my @OneToMany mapping to enforce the "List semantic".

But, now I'm having trouble with removing entities from OneToMany mappings defined as follows:

@OneToMany(targetEntity = AbstractInstrumentImpl.class)
@IndexColumn(name = "inst_order")
@Cache(usage = CacheConcurrencyStrategy.READ_WRITE)
@Cascade(value = { org.hibernate.annotations.CascadeType.ALL })
public List<Instrument> getInstruments()
{
return instruments;
}

I use the hibernate tools ant task to produce the SQL for schema generation. This produces the following link table:

create table subportfolio_instrument (
subportfolio_id numeric(19,0) not null,
instruments_id numeric(19,0) not null,
inst_order int not null,
primary key (subportfolio_id, inst_order),
unique (instruments_id)
);

If I remove an instrument from the collection and save the subportfolio the following happens:

- The row with the highest inst_order value for the subportfolio in question is deleted (to make the collection one smaller). No problem here.

- It seems that the remaining rows are updated one by one to hold the correct instruments_id value. But this causes the "unique (instruments_id)" constraint to be broken, which causes the save to fail.

Is this expected? Can I change the annotations to stop this happening?

I started seeing this when the number of items in the collection was bigger than the batch size. Turning off batching makes the problem happen every time.

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Ashley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:06 pm 

I think I'm seeing the same thing as this person did:

http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=960495

This seems pretty fundamental so I'm bound to have configured things incorrectly. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Ashley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:49 am 

This bug describes the problem:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... e/HHH-1268

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:04 am 

I've added @JoinColumn to remove the link table (and keep the List semantic) to work around the problem.

Can anyone confirm that this is a real bug? Or is simply misconfiguration on my part?

I'd prefer to keep the link table if possible...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]