-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: ClassValidator + EJB3 Annotations
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:06 pm 

Any chance of getting ClassValidator to validate EJB3 annotations in addition to the Hibernate validation-specific annotations?

So for example if you annotate a field with @Column( nullable = false ), it validates the same as if you annotated it with @NotNull. I'm in the middle of adding validation to all my domain objects, and my DRY radar is going nuts...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:54 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Do it the other way around
Code:
@NotNull
@Column(name="blah")

will create a not null column

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:43 pm 

As a rule of thumb, I find it best to follow the standard, when one exists. I know that Hibernate's @NotNull existed before @Column, but if Hibernate bills itself as the premiere JPA implementation, I would think that it makes sense to consider the @Column's nullable value. (I would be concerned that some future JPA tools may pay attention to @Column, and ignore non-standard annotations like @NotNull.)

Back to the original question, "Why can't ClassValidator validate EJB3 annotations in addition to the Hibernate validation-specific annotations?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:44 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

because when using a mix of ORM.xml and annotations, you are stuck

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]