-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Annotated classes not scanned
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:24 am 

My entities are annotated using @Entity. However, they are not recognized as entity beans if I don't define them in persistance.xml.

Here is my persistance.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
             xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
             xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd"
             version="1.0">

<persistence-unit name="MysqlDBSource" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL" >
      <class>com.hello.User</class>
      <properties>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test"/>
        <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect"/>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.username" value="root"/>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.password" value="admin"/>
        <property name="hibernate.max_fetch_depth" value="3"/>
        <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="update"/>
        <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="true"/>
        <property name="hibernate.cache.provider_class" value="org.hibernate.cache.HashtableCacheProvider"/>
      </properties>
   </persistence-unit>

</persistence>

If I don't declare com.hello.User here, it won't be detected by hibernate. Anyone knows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:31 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

what is your packaging?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:18 pm 

It's com.hello. Does it matter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:50 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

not the package, the packaging (jar, META-INF etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:10 am 

I Used Seam1.1.0GA to generate a eclipse project, and I run the test inside eclipse. Seam uses hibernate-all.jar by default. I've removed other files from META-INF folder and it now only contains persistence.xml. I normal simply run SeamTest. SeamTest loads a lot of things that make it too slow. That's why I need a hibernate only environment to run some database related tests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:35 pm 

On a test project (I am exploring Hib3 annotations), I attempted to use the Hibernate "auto discovery' of xml files and annotated classes. I did not work for me either. When I enabled more Hibernate logging for log4j, I could then look at the resulting log file and see that it was doing the auto discovery, and it was looking into a different place than my xml and annotated files are. Possibly this same thing is happening for you. I do not yet know how to get the 'auto discovery' to widen its search, and I still thought adding this reply might help you. Good luck!

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:43 pm 

in case you have not seen it already, Java Persistence With Hibernate, sample chapter 2, page 76 has some info on this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]