-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Using twice @ManyToOne annotation for the same target entity
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:16 pm 

Hi, I am having problems using the annotation @ManyToOne twice for the same target entity from the same source class (both source and target have composite pk). I have an entity that can be ditributable usging two diferent distributors, but each distributor can be associated with a lot of these entities. So I model this situation with 2 @ManyToOne, being the one side the Distributor object. I use naif name of fields for the sake of simplicity: a, b, c, etc.

Distributor pk = a, b, c, d (also part of the source entity pk)

@Entity
public class Distributable {

@ManyToOne
@JoinColumns({@JoinColumn(name="a", referencedColumnName="a"), @JoinColumn(name="b", referencedColumnName="b"), @JoinColumn(name="c", referencedColumnName="c"), @JoinColumn(name="d1", referencedColumnName="d")})
public Distributor getDistributor1() {
return distributor1;
}

public void setDistributor1(Distributor distributor1) {
this.distributor1 = distributor1;
}

@ManyToOne
//@JoinColumn(insertable = false, updatable = false)
@JoinColumns({@JoinColumn(name="a", referencedColumnName="a"), @JoinColumn(name="b", referencedColumnName="b"), @JoinColumn(name="c", referencedColumnName="c"), @JoinColumn(name="d2", referencedColumnName="d")})
public Distributor getDistributor2() {
return distributor2;
}

public void setDistributor2(Distributor distributor2) {
this.distributor2 = distributor2;
}

Problems:

When trying to deploy the following error is reported:

1)
javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.MappingException: Repeated column in mapping for entity: foo.Distributable column: b (should be mapped with insert="false" update="false")

Don't understand why, but in any case I then uncomment the line with "insertable = false..." and then get another error:

2)
org.hibernate.AnnotationException: A Foreign key refering foo.Distributor from foo.Distributable has the wrong number of column. should be 4

I double check each entity of the relation and their pks and they all have the requested 4 fields (i.e. the target composite primary key number of fields)

The only way I could go on with development was to full comment one of the @ManyToOne relationships

Any sugestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:51 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

you cannot have twice the same column inserteble and updatable, one of the @JoinColumn(name="a") (etc) has to be insertable=false updatable=false

Plus @JoinColumns and @JoinColumn on the same property is illegal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:43 pm 

Ok, I found the way of doing what you mean placing "insertable = false, updatable = false" inside each @JoinColumn of one of the @JoinColumns (that was what was not clear to me).

i.e:

@JoinColumns({@JoinColumn(name="a", referencedColumnName="a", insertable = false, updatable = false), @JoinColumn(name="b", referencedColumnName="b", insertable = false, updatable = false), ...})

Thank you very much for your support,
Leonardo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]