-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Catching an exception thrown by an EntityListener
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:58 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hello, guys
I am trying to deal with exceptions thrown by an entity listener, more specifically in order to create som default validation device. Anyway, spec section 3.5.6 says that a lifecycle callback entity listener may throw a RuntimeException. My intention is to throw an @ApplicationException-annotated exception and catch it. My problems start because I would have to catch it during flush time, which occurs after the business method (in the case of a session EJB) finishes. So it is of no use to enclose the method in a try/catch block. I tried flushing the EntityManager at the end of my business method, but some problems happened when I performed calls to other business methods in the same transaction.
So, is there a way to create a "flush listener", or in some other way catch some exception before it goes all the way up to the client?

Henrique

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:28 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

wraping an explicit em.flush() was the way to go, what was your issues with that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:26 am 
Regular
Regular

I though I had seen an exception when flushing EntityManagers in different session EJBs but the same transaction, but a co-worker just confirmed that the double flush was not the problem.
Which raises another question, just to make sure I understand things: do two EntityManagers in the same EJB transaction share the same underlying Hibernate Session?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:52 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

2 injected EM from the same persistence unit share the same underlying session

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]