-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: FieldBridge - fields, created in the impl. are not stored
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:13 am 

Hi,

I have a strange problem - tried to implement a custom FieldBridge in order to add a couple of fields with the data fromother entities into the index.

The problem, that all new fields, that my FieldBridge implementation creates, are not stored into the lucene index. Yes, I do call document.add(...) to add newly created fields into the document. When walking inside my bridge set(...) method with the debugger, I do see that fields are fine, even more, at the end of set(...) method, the document instance is also populated with the fields.

But when I try to search or go and open index with Luke - there are no fields, added by my FieldBridge. I do see added/changed fields from entity annotation, so the indexing is not broken. Simply all fields, created inside my FieldBridge are ignored and not stored.

Am I doing somehting worng ?

Inside the bridge, I do run an HQL query in order to fetch a small amount of other entities I want to extract informaion from. This is a read-only query - I do not modify anything. But this seems not to be a reason, because I simplified my bridge to insert a fixed dummy field but this did not help.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm using JDK 1.6, latest GA's of Hibernate and Hibernate-search, also tried current beta of Hibernate-search, but with the same result.
Here is the entity I index:

Code:
@Indexed
@Analyzer(impl = ArchiveFulltextAnalyzer.class)
@ClassBridge(
        name = "fx",
        index = Index.UN_TOKENIZED,
        store = Store.YES,
        impl = AttributeValueToCardMapperBridge.class
)
public class ArchiveObject implements Serializable, Cloneable {
    private transient boolean localModificationFlag = false;

@DocumentId
    private String objectId = "";

@Fields({@Field(index = Index.TOKENIZED, store = Store.NO), @Field(name = "abstract",
            index = Index.TOKENIZED, store = Store.NO)})
    private String keywords = "";

@Fields({@Field(index = Index.TOKENIZED, store = Store.NO), @Field(name = "abstract",
            index = Index.TOKENIZED, store = Store.YES)})
    private String name = "";

. . .

Here is the current bridge implementation:

Code:
public class AttributeValueToCardMapperBridge implements FieldBridge
{
    public void set ( String s, Object o, Document document, Field.Store store, Field.Index index,
                      Float aFloat )
    {
        if ( !( o instanceof Card ) )
        {
            return;
        }

indexAttributes ( s, ( Card ) o, document, store, index, aFloat );
    }

public void indexAttributes ( String name, Card card, Document document, Field.Store store,
                                  Field.Index index, Float aFloat )
    {
                Field funny = new Field ( "funny", "xyz", store, index );
                funny.setBoost ( aFloat );
                document.add ( funny );
    }

}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:30 pm 

Never mind, I finally figured out the problem. It was the hibernate session issue. When loading enities from the database inside a FieldBridge's set method, a new session must beexplicitly opened via SF.openSession(). This solved the problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]