-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: how to cache EJB3 query already compiled - even at runtime?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:10 am 

Hibernate version:
Ejb3 backed up by hibernate boundled with jboss 4.0.4 GA i think it's 3.20 cr2

I'd like the Fetch Group feature in JDO.... i'm using Ejb3 and i'd like to have a way to build a fetch group... i mean fetch an object and all the relative associations...

it's possible using joins & fetch like i read in
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/entit ... ryhql.html
at 7.3

what's the best way to store an already COMPILED version of these query?
i read that @NamedQueries are read compiled and cached at start time...
but:
- i generete by ant my pojo... at this time i don't find any way to specify custom named query
- i'd like to have more versatility.. i mean i'd like to throw away stored procedures so i'd like change/add query at runtime... i'd like to have an "admin panel" where i can see and edit my queries...

is it possible to avoid re-compile every time my query?

thanks all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:17 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

For 1 use an orm.xml file
For 2 this is not possible you'll have the compile time overhead. But this is not bad since Hibernate cache (HQL) query plans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:51 am 

emmanuel wrote:
For 1 use an orm.xml file
For 2 this is not possible you'll have the compile time overhead. But this is not bad since Hibernate cache (HQL) query plans.

For orm.xml file... where i can find some documentation and/or example?
In particular... is it possible to re-load orm file settings without restart applications? i think the ability to change (tweak) query without restart will be very useful!!!

[OT] is it possible to obtain by hibernate tools???

did You mean that Hibernate cache check if there's a compiled query given by the same string - ejb quey? that's cool!!!

but... if it so... what's the utility of named query???
after the first run.. everey query is cached!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:40 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

named queries are still useful because they are tested at startup time, and I find it much cleaner in my code to have named queries

As for the doc, the orm.xml documentation, did you look at the reference documentation ;-)
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/annotations/reference/en/html_single/#xml-overriding

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]