-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: @CollectionOfElements and Primary Key needed
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:05 pm 

I have a @OneToMany using a @CollectionOfElements
to an Enum.

@CollectionOfElements
@JoinColumn(name="preference_fk")
public List<ExcludedType> getExcludedTypes()
{
return this.excludedTypes;
}

Using Hibernate Tools to generate the DDL from the annotations works fine, I get a child table with something like :-

Excluded_Types table

preference_fk long
elt long

where parent_fk is the foreign to the parent table, and elt the ordinal representing the enum's numeric value.

However, because we need to use DBUnit to load/prepare some integration test data for the whole DB, dbunit prefers every table having a Primary Key defined - it then allows updates to be made.

I can force a unique key using something like (haven't got the src handy right now) :-

uniqueConstraints = {@UniqueConstraint(columnNames={"preference_fk", "elt"})}

but DBUnit looks for a Primary Key not a unique key.

1) Is there anyway I can generate a compound Primary key of (preference_fk, elt) from the annotations ?

many thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]