-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Map a String type as a object ref using Annotation
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:05 pm 

Hi
Poor subject title I know, I don't know if this can be done but I'll explain with the example below:

Code:
public class Passport {
@ManyToOne
@JoinColumn(name = "COUNTRYCODE")   
private CountryCode country;
}

The mapping is a ManyToOne annotation mapping which generates a Varchar in mysql with a FK to CountryCode table. I would like to keep using with hbm2ddl though out my project to generate my db schema but in my object model, I want the country in Passport object to be a type String but still have it generated as with FK to CountryCode table in db. Is there another way to map it with annotation to achieve what I describe above or I just have to maintain my schema myself and give up using hbm2ddl?

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:35 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You can mark this getter as private and create a public getter that does the String transformation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]