-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Only get one element for a one-to-many relationship
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:42 pm 

Hibernate: 3.1rc1
Hibernate annotations: 3.1beta6
Database: MySQL4.1

I'm using a fetch join for a one-to-many relationship with lazy loading, e.g. searched by collection element property. Supposed, one customer has several orders. When I submit a named query to retrieve customers and load their orders orders too as follows:

SELECT customer
FROM Customer customer LEFT JOIN FETCH customer.orders order
WHERE order.orderDate = :orderDate

If I check the orders for a customer of the customer list, I can get only one order regardless the customer may have more than one order.

Any hint is appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:28 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Is your orderDate property really just a date, or a datetime or timestamp? You may want to use some of the date functions here to make sure you are only refining the search down to the same day and not the same hour/minute/second:

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/re ... xpressions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:50 pm 

Sorry, the search condition may be confusing. Let's say, Order has a property 'label', now it becomes this,

SELECT customer
FROM Customer customer LEFT JOIN FETCH customer.orders order
WHERE order.label= :label

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]