-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: context-based cascade delete/save/update policies
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:47 pm 

is there a way to manipulate cascade save/delete/update execution such that these policies can be configured to apply based on runtime context as opposed to being hard coded within the HBM.xml

for example within context 1 i want to cascade save "orders" with their "items" and within another context 2, i do not want to propogate the save. these contexts are determined at runtime.

i see that Interceptor has methods to "intercept" a delete for instance, but can it prevent a delete from happening?

thanks in advance,
kagan

Hibernate version:3.0
Name and version of the database you are using:Oracle10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:38 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

No, you'd need to use a custom listener to acheive something like that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]