-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question regarding documentation (one shot delete)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:15 am 

Referencing the current version of the Hibernate 3 documentation, 18.5.4, One Shot Delete.

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/reference/en/html/performance.html

The statement, " Of course, one-shot-delete does not apply to collections mapped inverse="true"" is included.

Can I get more explanation regarding why inverse="true" affects the one shot delete capability?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:58 am 

If inverse="true" is set on a collection, Hibernate will not perform a one-shot delete. I would expect that cascade="delete-orphan" would trump this restriction. Is this a possible optimization for future releases, or is there something I am not considering? It seems that setting delete-orphan is tying the lifecycle of the child persistent class to its parent even if it is shared with other entities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:53 am 

In addition to a bit more explanation, can someone let me know if this "restriction" still exists in Hibernate 3?

Thank you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]